Patch v279 finds its way charge through the ARK with new some tender loving care for some old friends! The Argentavis, Parasaur, Raptor, Sarcosuchus, Spinosaur, and Triceratops find themselves receiving varied gameplay and visual upgrades!
Here's a breakdown of the six creatures that received improvements in this TLC pass:
Dino TLC - The Argentavis!
- Receives a model update, animation update, texture update, and some new abilities: - Can carry two creatures C - grabs/releases creatures with beak Right Click - grabs/releases creatures with claws - Health regen buff from consuming corpses - Saddle acts as a mobile crafting station - Reduced the weight of various resources by up to 50% (Obsidian, Metal, Metal Ingot, Polymer, and Stone)
Dino TLC - The Parasaur!
- Receives a sound tweak and some new abilities: - Alarm mode Can be put in turret mode and check for nearby threats Notifies you audibly and visually when threats are present - Scare small creatures C when ridden - scares away small/mid creatures Toggle for alarm mode to have it automatically do it - Scan Can trigger a scan (right click) when ridden Scans for nearby threats Notifies you visually when threats are present
Dino TLC - The Raptor!
- Receives a model update, animation update, texture update, and some new abilities: - Pounce press right click to pounce on a target pins small targets to ground for short period press left click to attack repeatedly - Pack Buff Activates with C key when 2 Raptors (with a max pack size of 6) are together Increases damage resistance Increases movement speed Increases attack speed Lasts 15s
Dino TLC - The Sarcosuchus!
- Receives a model update, animation update, texture update, and some new abilities: - Idles with mouth open now - Death roll Grabs its target and rolls dealing damage and disabling them - Lunge Can lunge towards a target in front of it - 180 attack Can spin in place to attack foes behind it - Walkable Allows friendly humans to walk on and stand on its back Useful in water, you can move them to surface and use as a raft - Swimming depth Maintains its current depth when swimming Can lurk just below the surface - Piranhas Flee Piranhas flee when they encounter a Sarcosuchus Includes nearby ally Sarcos for players
Dino TLC - The Spinosaur!
- Receives a model update, animation update, texture update, and some new abilities: - Water buff Given when in water Bonus movement speed Bonus turning radius Bonus attack damage Bonus healing Persists for short period after leaving the water - Added Biped/Quadruped toggled with right click Biped Stronger attacks Can turn in place Quadruped Faster movement speed - Prefers prime fish for taming
Dino TLC - The Triceratops!
- Receives a model update, animation update, texture update, and some new abilities: - Ram Charge up for short period Longer it's charged, the faster it goes Cripples target when hit Knocks small dinos away while charging (charge a group of dodos to see) - Rivalry buff Given buff when nearby to large carnivores Increases damage output slightly Decreases damage taken slightly Increases health by 10%
Miscellaneous notes for v279!
- Ragnarok update Streaming bounds fix to help with memory Fixed multiple holes, bugged beacons, and floating foliage. Better lighting around LL dungeon - Hole fixes for Aberration The Center The Island - Fixed an issue where Griffin feather colours appeared to be default in single player. - Opened up transfers for the non-aberrant version of creatures to be transferred onto Aberration. For example, both Paracer and Aberrant Paracer can exist on Aberration
That's it for this update guys! We hope you enjoy the new changes and we can't wait to see your feedback. As mentioned previously, we're targetting a console release for this update in mid-April and will keep you posted about more accurate release dates once we get closer to submitting the patch. We'll need a bit more time to work on Primitive+, it'll have the missing engrams for the DLC as well as the latest Dino TLC content in an upcoming patch!
Now that TLC #2 has been released we will be turning our focus more directly on to bug fixes and quality-of-life improvements for the core game in the weeks ahead. Going forward, we'll be consolidating the patching process on PC. We will be leaning heavily on regular Tuesday (or Wednesday if needed) deployments unless critical fixes require patches outside of that regular patch day. These will become collective weekly bug and quality-of-life patching updates.
ARK: 2x Evolution Event Weekend!
Survivors across ALL Platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from the 23rd of March at 1 PM EST until Monday at 3 PM. All Official Servers will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:
2x Harvesting Rate 2x Taming Rate 2x EXP Rate
Not to mention our current Evolution Event is still running until Wednesday the 21st at 3 PM EST!
That's it for this announcement guys! We hope you enjoy the new update! As always if you’ve got anything to share please get in touch and be sure to follow us on: